Last updated: February 19, 2021
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you use Fimart Services, we collect information sent to us through your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information may include your IP address, device information including, but not limited to, identifier, device name and type, operating system, location, mobile network information, and standard web log information, such as your browser type, traffic to and from our site, and the pages you accessed on our website. Fimart does not intentionally collect information from or about any individual who is under 16 years old.
If you create an account or use Fimart Services, we, or our affiliates vendors acting on our behalf may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information - your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information; and
- Financial information - the full bank account and routing numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your Fimart Account or input when you use paid Fimart Services.
If you seek permissions to purchase cryptographic tokens from Fimart, we may require you to provide additional information which we may use in collaboration with service providers acting on our behalf to verify your identity or address, and/or to manage risk. This information may include your date of birth, taxpayer or government identification number, a copy of your government-issued identification, or other personal information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services. This information is necessary to comply with “Know Your Customer” laws and anti-money laundering laws. Failure to submit the required information will prevent you from being able to purchase any tokens from Fimart.
When you use Fimart Services, we collect information about your transactions and/or your other activities on our website and we may continuously collect information about your computer, mobile device, or other access device for fraud prevention purposes, to monitor for possible breach of your Fimart Account, and to identify any malicious software or other activity that may harm Fimart or its users.
Finally, we may collect additional information you may disclose to our customer support team.
When you access our website or content or use our application or Fimart Services, we or companies we work with may place small data files called cookies or pixel tags on your computer or other device. We use these technologies to:
- Recognize you as a Fimart customer;
- Customize Fimart Services, content, and advertising;
- Measure promotional effectiveness; and
- Collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk, help prevent fraud, and promote trust and safety.
We use both session and persistent cookies when you access our website or content. Session cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your browser until you erase them or they expire.
We also use Local Shared Objects, commonly referred to as "Flash cookies," to help ensure that your account security is not compromised, to spot irregularities in behavior to help prevent fraud, and to support our sites and services.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of Fimart Services. The help section of most browsers or browser add-ons provides instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling cookies.
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may store and process your personal and transactional information, including certain payment information, such as your encrypted bank account and/or routing numbers, on our computers in the United States and elsewhere in the world where Fimart affiliates, facilities, or our service providers are located, and when we do so we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable U.S. federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. Users outside the United States should understand that their data will be transferred internationally.
We store our customers' personal information securely throughout the life of the customer's Fimart Account. Fimart will retain your personal information for a minimum of five years or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to resolve disputes.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide Fimart Services and customer support you request;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and/or violations of our posted user terms;
- Customize, measure, and improve Fimart Services and the content and layout of our website and applications;
- Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- Verify your identity by comparing your personal information against third-party databases.
We will not use your personal information for purposes other than those purposes we have disclosed to you, without your permission. From time to time we may request your permission to allow us to share your personal information with third parties. You may opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties, or from allowing us to use your personal information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which we originally collected it or subsequently obtained your authorization. If you choose to so limit the use of your personal information, certain features or Fimart Services may not be available to you.
We will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
You have many rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances;
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time;
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider; and
- If in the UK or EU, then the right to complain to your data protection.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER PARTIES
We may share your personal information with:
- Third party identity verification services in order to prevent fraud. This allows Fimart to confirm your identity by comparing the information you provide us to public records and other third-party databases. These service providers may create derivative data based on your personal information that can be used solely in connection with provision of identity verification and fraud prevention services;
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts require these service providers to only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us, and prohibit them from selling your information to anyone else;
- Financial institutions with which we partner;
- Companies or other entities that purchase Fimart assets pursuant to a court-approved sale under U.S. Bankruptcy law;
- Law enforcement, and officials, or other third parties when:
- We are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; or
- We believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement; and
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Before Fimart shares your information with any third party that is not acting as an agent to perform tasks on behalf of and under the instructions of Fimart, Fimart will enter into a written agreement requiring that the third party to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as required hereunder.
If you establish a Fimart account indirectly on a third-party website or via a third-party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on a Fimart website) will be shared with the owner of the third-party website or application and your information may be subject to their privacy policies.
In general, we will notify you of material changes to this policy by updating the last updated date at the top of this page, and we will provide you with explicit notice of material changes as required by law. We recommend that you visit this page frequently to check for changes.